Strengthen Weak Nails
Maintaining a balanced diet, together with other good life habits, and applying some remedies can contribute to the strengthening and daily care of the nails.
It is necessary to improve lifestyle habits, especially about diet, since it plays a crucial role in nourishing the skin, hair, and nails.
Most of the structure of the nails is composed of a protein known as keratin, and for its healthy growth, it requires a sufficient intake of vitamins A, B, C, and E, as well as amino acids and minerals. Indica Ángeles Carbajal Azcona, teacher in nutrition from the Complutense University of Madrid.
Also read: HOW TO CHOOSE A HAIRDRESSER? WHAT CAN YOU FIND IN A HAIRDRESSER?
1. Olive oil for Strengthen Weak Nails
The use of natural masks with vegetable oils has proven to be an excellent therapy to counteract nail problems and reduce their dryness.
In this sense, one of the most recurrent ingredients is olive oil because it has proven to be very beneficial for the skin and nails’ health since it contains essential fatty acids and vitamins that nourish them significantly.
½ cup of olive oil (100 g)
- Dip your nails in a half cup of olive oil and let them soak for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hands with plenty of water and dry well.
2. Almond oil and Egg
The mixture of almond oil and egg is a simple natural remedy to repair and strengthen nails, given its antioxidants, vitamins, and a significant amount of protein.
- One tablespoon raw egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon of almond oil (2.5 g)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and soak your nails with the product for 30 minutes.
3. Garlic Glaze
Garlic is one of the most popular nail care and strengthening ingredients. It has sulfur compounds, as well as antibiotic and antioxidant qualities. Thus, it is considered one of the best allies to support them and prevent the appearance of fungi or infections.
- Two cloves of garlic
- One clear enamel.
- Crush the two garlic cloves very well until you get a paste.
- Dip the paste into the transparent nail polish.
- Apply one coat of the treatment every day for a week.
4. Peppermint and Chamomile Treatment
The properties of peppermint and chamomile improve the appearance of weak nails and alleviate common problems such as dryness.
- Five fresh mint leaves.
- One cup of boiling water (250 ml).
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil (2 g).
- Prepare a mixture of chamomile and mint leaves and add them to a cup of boiling water.
- Let the tea steep for 30 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and wheat flour to make a paste.
- Use the final preparation to cover the surface of the nails and leave it to act for half an hour.
5. Onion Juice
The onion juice is a good option for alleviating various ailments, and one of its little-known benefits is to strengthen weak nails. It is because it is rich in vitamin E, iron, and sulfur compounds.
- One medium onion.
- Chop a medium onion, crush it in a bowl and cover your nails with the paste.
- Let it work for at least 10 minutes, and then allow the product to dry on your hands before rinsing.
- Repeat the treatment up to 3 times a week.
According to Dr. Joseph Mercola Do of the University of Illinois at Chicago, castor bean is an essential source of vitamin E, necessary for nail nutrition. Its daily use can combat dryness and weakness so that they thrive.
- ¼ cup of castor oil (50 ml).
- One piece of cotton
- Dip a cotton ball in the castor oil and apply it to the nail surface with a light massage.
7. Beer and Olive Oil
The combination of ingredients in this simple treatment concentrates essential nutrients such as vitamins, trace elements, and proteins that penetrate the nails to improve their structure.
- ¼ cup of olive oil (50 ml).
- ¼ cup beer (50 ml).
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Once it is warm, add the vinegar and beer and mix gently with the help of a spoon.
- Soak your nails for 15 minutes.
Also read: What are the Comfortable Hairstyles For Summer?