As you make your New Year’s resolutions for your backyard this year, consider how you can declutter, organize, and simplify your outdoor space. From creating an outdoor oasis to designing an entertaining outdoor area, there are various ways you can turn your backyard into a beautiful and functional space. With a few simple steps, you can create a peaceful and inviting outdoor space that you and your family can enjoy all year round. This blog post will explore some great ideas for making your backyard more organized, inviting, and enjoyable.
Table of Contents
The importance of setting goals
As the New Year approaches, it’s a great time to reflect on what we’ve accomplished in the past year and start planning for the year ahead. Setting goals can help us stay motivated and focused on making positive changes. And when it comes to our home, setting New Year’s resolutions is a great way to keep our space organized and clutter-free.
Decluttering and organizing your backyard can help you create a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. By planning what you want to accomplish, you can make your backyard a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some ideas for New Year’s resolutions that can help you get started:
- Create an outdoor storage space for tools and supplies. You’ll have an organized place to store your garden tools and other backyard items.
- Plant a vegetable or flower garden. This is a great way to enjoy fresh produce or beautiful flowers in your backyard.
- Declutter and organize your patio furniture. Take the time to clean up and organize any outdoor furniture to make sure it’s comfortable and inviting.
- Install outdoor lighting. This will not only add beauty to your backyard but also make it safer and easier to navigate after dark.
- Improve your outdoor landscaping. Whether you add plants, trees, or flower beds, you can make your backyard look more inviting.
Setting achievable New Year’s resolutions for your backyard allows you to transform your outdoor space into an enjoyable retreat. Planning out your goals and objectives can save you time later and ensure that your backyard is a relaxing place to enjoy with family and friends.
How to declutter your backyard
Do you want to make your backyard the perfect place for relaxation and fun? The first step is to declutter! This New Year’s Resolution can be both an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Here are a few tips to get started:
- Take Inventory of Your Backyard Space: Take a look at your outdoor space and note what items are taking up space that you don’t need or use. This is a great time to decide if any items can be donated, thrown away, or repurposed for another use.
- Start by Making One Area Uncluttered: Choose one area of your yard to tackle first, like the play area, deck, or garden.
- Sort Items into Categories: Create different piles for recycling, donatable items, throw-away items, and things you will keep outside but not in this area (like lawn furniture).
- Donate Items That Can Be Used Elsewhere: Remember all those kids’ toys that have been sitting around since last summer? Find someone who could benefit from them this holiday by donating them to Toys for Tots or a local charity organization!
How to organize your backyard
As the start of a new year quickly approaches, it’s time to start thinking about resolutions for 2020. While the classic resolutions focus on health and wellness goals, why not extend your resolution efforts to your backyard too? Here are some simple tips for organizing and decluttering your outdoor space in 2020!
- Create a Backyard Organization Plan
Start by taking stock of all the items in your backyard. Think about how you want to organize each area of your outdoor space. Do you want to create a separate area for seating, dining, grilling, and gardening? Or would you prefer an open concept where everything is blended? Once you have an idea of what your outdoor space looks like, create a plan of action for organizing it.
- Assign Areas for Each Item
Once you have your plan, assign each item to its designated area. This can include organizing furniture, tools, and other items in bins, shelves, or cabinets. If you’re feeling creative, try labeling the storage containers with a label maker or custom labels. This will make it easier to know where everything goes and keep your backyard organized.
- Declutter Unused Items
We all have items in our backyard that we no longer use or haven’t used. Take this opportunity to declutter these items and make room for other essential things. You can donate gently used items to local charities or repurpose them into something new.
- Add Color and Interest with Decorative Elements
Finally, add some color and interest to your outdoor space with decorative elements. The possibilities are endless, from colorful throw pillows and rugs to potted plants and artwork. Just remember to keep these decorative pieces within the scope of your plan so that you don’t overdo them.
If you need a starting point to get your backyard ready for warmer months, save this post on the perfect spring patio ideas the closer we get to the warmer season.
How to simplify your space
Consider how you can best use the space available, and make sure to take measurements, so you know what will fit. Once you have a plan, begin decluttering and organizing the area. Make sure to have a designated spot for your items, including tools, outdoor furniture, and decorations. If there are items that are no longer needed, donate them or put them in a storage bin. The goal is to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing space.
Finally, enjoy your newly simplified space once everything is organized and in place! Take time to relax and appreciate your hard work. It can be easy to forget the feeling of accomplishment when things are finished, so remember to take a moment to enjoy it.
By following these steps, you can create a more organized and inviting backyard for the New Year. You’ll be able to enjoy your outdoor space more than ever before and find peace of mind knowing that everything has its place. With a little effort, your backyard can become the perfect place to unwind and make beautiful memories with family and friends.