Makeup can be a beautiful thing. It makes us feel pretty. It’s fun to apply. It can make us feel like an alter ego of ourselves, and we can pair it with countless outfits. But there are some pretty big cons to makeup.
- Makeup can be expensive
- Makeup can cause some serious allergic reactions, especially discount-priced ones
- It can be difficult to take off
- It’s time-consuming to put on
- If it’s not done right, makeup can make us look, well, shall we say unlike ourselves
So, when it comes to looking our best some might prefer to go the au natural route. And our eyes happen to be one of our best assets to accentuate. But just because you’d prefer to go sans makeup doesn’t mean you need to compromise on how effectively alluring your eyes can be.
If you’re looking for a way to feel glamorous without the hassle of makeup, here are four easy ways to make your eyes pop without makeup.
One of the most tried and true ways to have eyes that look their best is to get plenty of sleep. When we’re tired the first place it shows up is our eyes. As a result of either lack of sleep or inadequate sleep, your eyes can appear droopy, bloodshot, and retain dark circles underneath them. Sure, the rest of your mood is sure to follow but it begins in the eyes. Some ways to ensure you get the proper rest you need are:
- Try and get seven to 10 hours of sleep each night
- Avoid technology right before bed—staring at your phone, watching TV (or your computer), playing video games, etc
- Don’t drink alcohol before you go to bed. Wine might help you fall asleep but it will disrupt your sleep once your hit the pillow
- Try to meditate or listen to white noise as you are drifting off, certain sounds can soothe you
These tips before bed can help you to look refreshed and alert the next day, giving your eyes a true sparkle.
Have a nightly routine
As you prepare for sleep, there are some ways to ensure that the area around your eyes gets the proper care it needs. One is to massage the area around the eyes. In the same way, your body benefits from a massage now and then, to increase its blood circulation, and so do your eyes. You can massage, lightly, in small circles using one or two fingers or try tapping the area gently. Another thing to incorporate is to apply a night serum every night. Good eye serums, or creams, hydrate the skin so that you’ll have fewer wrinkles. Choose one without fragrance or have too greasy a feel. You want your eyes to be hydrated and the best way to accomplish that is to have the skin absorb the moisture, lock it in, and keep it throughout the night.
Get an eyelash extension kit
Your lashes are one of the easiest ways to make your eyes pop without adding a stitch of makeup. After all, mascara can be messy. It clumps, and it can rub off on other parts of your face. If you cry, you can kiss your look goodbye. Plus, even the waterproof mascaras are a pain in the you-know-what because then they just don’t come off (and that’s a problem on its own). But you’re probably wondering, “How can I make my eyelashes look great without using mascara?” You can try an eyelash extension kit. Eyelash extension kits are do-it-yourself kits that are a perfect way to elevate any look and on any day.
Want some advice? Here are tips from lash experts:
- As you put on the lashes from your eyelash extension kit, look down when applying them to have the easiest time.
- To get comfortable putting them on, practice a few times (a suggestion is three times) before sleeping with lash extensions on
- You should wait for 24 hours before getting your lashes wet. So, think again before you jump into a pool or shower right away
Use petroleum jelly
Another way to make your eyes pop without makeup if you don’t want to go the route of an eyelash extension kit is to apply petroleum jelly to your eyelashes. A very thin layer of petroleum jelly on your lashes, top, and bottom, will have them appear fuller and thicker (even blacker). And because it isn’t makeup, it’s a type of moisturizer, it can leave your lashes feeling healthier. This shouldn’t necessarily be part of a night or day routine but rather a way to add a little sparkle to your eyes as you go about your normal activities.
Eyes are, usually, the first thing people notice when they talk to us. That’s why we all want them to look clear, wide and welcoming. But beyond that we want our eyes to really pop, after all, they are the windows into our personalities. Use these four ways—get sleep, have a routine, apply petroleum jelly, and grab an eyelash extension kit—to really impress the next group of people that you see.
Also Read: How To Still Have An Awesome Hiking Trip On A Rainy Day