Rice water is famous for strengthening and improving hair. It stems back to Japan’s ancient Heian era, when court ladies were renowned for wearing long, flowing hair that hung down to the floor. Their secret ingredient was rice water.
Scientists have been intrigued by the incredible benefits of rice water for hair. Inositol, a component found in rice water, has been shown in studies to enter damaged hair and heal it from the inside out. It even shields hair from further damage.
This article investigates the cosmetic advantages of Mamaearth’s rice water for hair and everything you need to know.
Table of Contents
Does Rice Water Promote Hair Growth?
Rice water is high in antioxidants and vitamin B, which promote hair health and growth. Folic acid, niacin, magnesium, and inositol are some elements found in rice water that can enhance your hair. It also includes amino acids, which allow it to function as a protein therapy for strengthening and protecting hair.
Here’s how some of rice’s vitamins and minerals might help your hair:
- Folic acid (vitamin B9), niacin (vitamin B3), and selenium are essential for cell turnover and general scalp and hair follicle health. They promote hair development while also strengthening and thickening the hair.
- Niacin (vitamin B3) and allantoin increase hair follicle strength and suppleness while decreasing inflammation by improving blood flow within the scalp.
- Magnesium removes calcium buildup from hard water on the hair and rejuvenates hair follicles.
Inositol (vitamin B8) may be found in various foods, including fruits, nuts, beans, and grains. Carbohydrates are also used by your body to produce inositol. This vitamin strengthens the hair by increasing its suppleness.
Rice water can help repair some of the damage done by stress, health problems, and chemical products, which can cause your scalp to dry up and your hair follicles to get damaged. You will have healthy, strong, lustrous hair that grows if you have a clean, well-functioning scalp. Additionally, fermented rice water may aid in treating and preventing dandruff.
The Incredible Benefits of Rice Water for Hair
Rice, fortified with folate, a B-vitamin, is best recognized for treating some types of anemia and is necessary for neural tube formation during pregnancy.
So, how exactly does this translate into fostering healthier hair?
Although the benefits of rice water are not well recognized, it does not imply they do not exist. Let’s examine some of the incredible benefits of Rice Water for hair:
- Makes Hair Stronger: Protein is vital for a healthy diet, but it also plays a crucial role in hair health. Rice water is rich in protein, which is thought to help enhance the general condition of hair.
- Increases Shine: According to anecdotal evidence from rice water supporters, the starchy solution is said to add luster to drab locks.
- Can Improve Hair Growth: Rice water may increase hair development since it contains amino acids that aid hair renewal. It also includes vitamins C, B, and E, which encourage hair development. Vitamins C, B, and E aid in the strengthening of the hair shaft, and the stronger the shaft, the longer the hair may grow.
- Reverses hygral fatigue: Hair needs moisture to stay healthy, but too much moisture can be harmful. Try a protein treatment, such as a rice water rinse, to rebalance overly moisturized locks.
- Detangles hair: Supporters of rice water for hair believe that it softens strands, making them simpler to disentangle.
- Helps to smooth the hair: Damaged and porous hair struggles to retain moisture, resulting in frizz and split ends. On the other hand, the nutritious proteins present in rice water may counterbalance this, minimizing breakage and enhancing hair structure
Also Read: 5 ‘Model Off-Duty’ Hairstyles to Try
Considerations for Hair Type
If you’re new to protein or unclear if your hair can benefit from a protein treatment, color-treated, relaxed, heat-styled, and natural hair are the most likely candidates. Rice water is excellent for fine and dry hair since it is said to make hair shinier and strong while also helping to keep knots at bay.
Those with dry hair can benefit from rice water’s protein, which enhances hair condition and helps make it bouncy. Those who wish to improve and reinforce the condition of their hair cuticle may also benefit.
However, those with poor porosity hair, on the other hand, should use it sparingly since the proteins can stick to your hair instead of absorbing them.
The Best Products With Rice Water For Hair
Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask with Fermented Rice Water, Keratin, and Milk Protein assists you in achieving your hair objectives by healing it and making it healthier, more manageable, and longer. Fermented Rice Water for Hair, which is high in minerals, vitamins, and amino acids, aids in the restoration of damaged hair, while Keratin smoothes it. Furthermore, according to Mamaearth’s no toxins and hazardous chemicals philosophy, our Rice Water Hair Mask contains no silicones, parabens, mineral oil, or colors.