Lipstick Last Longer: If you’re tired of the faded shades of your lips and want to know how you can keep your lipstick in good shape, We have some tried and true strategies for you to test
A single swipe of lipstick will not be enough. A little preparation and moisturizing prior to the application being able to create a perfect lip liner and setting the foundation with a solid base are equally crucial to ensure that your favorite shade stays smooth and fresh. Check out the following article for tips to help you!
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of using a foundation to set your lipstick:
- Applying a foundation to the lips will make your color stay on the lips and will not easily smudge.
- If you’re applying a concealer to your face, apply the product on your lips as well.
- Applying a concealer or foundation on your lips guarantees that the lipstick stays put for a long time and doesn’t transfer. This will also provide an extra boost of color to your lipstick.
Certain issues to be aware of when applying your foundation to your lips:
However, some minor makeup errors could occur while applying the foundation to your lips. These are the most frequent problems you might encounter:
- The foundation could begin to appear blotchy on your lips.
- People with cracked or dry lips may be in trouble when applying foundation to the lips since this can cause your lips to crack more prominently.
The proper foundation application will guarantee that you do not have to deal with the issues mentioned above.
The result will be professional, and you’ll be able to keep your makeup longer.
The things you’ll need to have for applying a foundation to the lips:
- An old toothbrush or your regular toothbrush
- A warm bowl of water
- Lip Balm
- Your Concealer
- Your Foundation
- A lip brush
- Your usual lipstick, lip liner, and gloss
Step 1: Remove the dead skin layer from the lips
- The toothbrush you are using to clean, dip it in warm water for about 2 minutes to soften it.
- Only use a used brush, and preferably one that you use every day.
- Do not use a tough or new toothbrush, as it will only erode the surface of your skin more. A tooth that is too hard can cause your lips to become less dry and more painful in the future.
- Use the toothbrush by rubbing your lips gently and in circular motions to get rid of dry skin flakes.
Step 2: Hydrating your lips
- Lip balms liberally and massage them into your lips.
- It should be left to rest for some time before applying another product.
- One of the best ways to keep your lips healthy is to apply the best lip balm each evening before you go to bed.
Step 3. Blending and concealing
- Apply the concealer to your lips
- With your fingers, you can properly mix it.
Step 4: Apply foundation to the lower lip area
- Apply your foundation using your lip brush
- Apply the foundation in tiny dots on the lower lip. This will allow you to have greater precision when applying the foundation. This will also ensure that you don’t go overboard, which often occurs when applying lipstick with your fingers.
Phase 5: Spread the foundation on the upper lip area
- Do the same for your upper lips.
Step 6 : Blending
- Make sure to blend the foundation to ensure it covers the entire surface of your lips.
- Blending should be performed with gentle hands and not by making circular movements.
- Do it gently.
- The same is true when you shift from one side of your lips to the next.
Step 7: Focus on the cupid’s Arrow
- Be sure to blend in using the cupid’s bow or your “V” on the lip.
- Don’t take a risk and go overboard.
- Be sure that your movements are not too strenuous to ensure that the product does not wash off.
Step 8. Lip Liner
- Use this method in conjunction with your regular lips liner.
- Fill your lips with the color of your lips.
How can this help?
This will make your lipstick color last longer and less smudge-proof since concealer and foundation will help hold the concealer more effectively.
It would be much easier if it was as simple as putting a coat of lip balm on your lips. However, if you wish your lipstick to remain consistent all day long, it is important to perform a few things before applying it. This article will help you to keep your lipstick lasting longer by following a few simple steps before placing your lipstick. You only need an additional concealer as well as a foundation. This trick has a dazzlingly long-lasting result, and you’ll be thankful for it. Test it right now!
Also Read: 5 ICONIC LIPSTICKS YOU HAVE TO TRY