Skin – As I mentioned in the article about the nine enemies of the skin, the skin is exposed 100% of the time to external agents. That is why it is essential to have habits that allow us to protect it healthily and naturally.
On the other hand, you must know that water is one of the main components in your body because it ensures that many internal tasks are carried out in the body that promote your health and well-being: it carries nutrients to each of your cells.
Table of Contents
Have you ever thought about all the benefits your skin gets from drinking water?
There are many benefits that your skin perceives when you have the habit of drinking water during the day. Here I am going to tell you several that, from my own experience, I know that they work and can work for you too.
It helps In the process of your digestion, it keeps your kidneys healthy, among many other functions, and one of them is to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
What are the benefits for the skin of drinking water?
You may have wondered at times: why do I have dry, dull and rough skin? This is due to multiple reasons, including that you do not have the good habit of drinking water during the day.
I’ll tell you: The skin is like a sponge. When the sponge is dry, it looks stiff, dry, and rough; but it softens once it comes into contact with water. The same happens with the skin, both internally and externally.
Having healthy skin with a radiant and hydrated tone will depend a lot on the water you drink because you purify cells and improve their nutrition and protection.
A must, in this case, is that you carry a bottle of water everywhere and drink frequently, so you don’t feel thirsty;
And while hydration is the most direct benefit, it is not the only one. Here are more important benefits of drinking water:
- It helps you in reducing swelling, especially in the legs and abdomen.
- Visibly your skin looks and feels smoother and brighter. Some conditions such as rashes or some acne are reduce.
- It helps you eliminate the toxins that cause cellulite, varicose veins and acne in most cases.
- If you have adequate hydration, you improve your body’s blood circulation and, therefore, your skin.
- Drinking water helps to replenish the tissues, hydrate them and provide elasticity to our skin.
If you are one of those people who do not like to drink water, forget it, or have not had the habit, here are some tips so that you can gradually include it in your routines and begin to see the changes in your skin:
Tips for drinking more water during the day.
- Always have a bottle of water with you. You can reuse bottles from time to time to help the environment, or you can buy a cute bottle that you identify with and become almost like your amulet.
- If you forget, use the tip I gave you above to set the alarm on your cell phone to remind you to have a glass of water.
- Super tip! Drink a glass of warm lemon water on an empty stomach. You help your body clean the digestive tract.
- If you don’t like the taste of the water, you can add a few drops of lemon or orange! or you can have infusions or tea, there are many flavours, and you will surely accommodate some.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
As you can see, water is essential to maintain optimal skin moisture and provide critical nutrients to cells. Do not hesitate to include this excellent habit in your daily routines, and you will begin to notice changes in your skin. Healthier and more natural skin!